March 31, 2009

You Put The Lime In The Coconut

I not a fan of rushing the season, seeing Christmas decorations going up the day after Halloween drives me crazy, however I always make an exception when it comes to Spring. I get so impatient for baseball season, warm(er) weather, looking at my jasmine every day thinking hurry up and bloom already! Once Spring has sprung it goes by fast so perhaps it would be better slow down, stop and smell the roses, the freesia, orange blossoms, honeysuckle, (my neighbors must think I'm crazy always sniffing around their yard) and definitely take time to appreciate this week's Tuesdays With Dorie-Coconut Butter Thins.
Think Lorna Doones on vacation and you'll get the gist of these cookies. The comforting, buttery taste of shortbread with a little tropical hint of lime, coconut, macadamia nuts, and (in my case) curry powder. They are the perfect way to welcome, and appreciate the season.


For more on these cookies, check out the TWD blogroll.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

These look delicious! I especially like your addition of curry powder.

Pamela said...

Lorna Doons on vacation! Too cute! The cookies look great! Hang in there...Spring is on the way!

Flourchild said...

My kids thought these tasted just like Lorna Doone cookies. They were gooood. Im glad you liked them!

Jacque said...

It's perfectly acceptable to want to rush spring, if you ask me :) I agree, these were a perfect cookie to usher in the warmer weather.

Yours look terrific!

Beth said...

We had the same post title! I kept humming the song the entire time I baked them.

Teanna DiMicco said...

These are SO Lorna Doone-ish!!! I totally am waiting with bated breath for Spring to come... winter has been around for too long this year! The cookies look great!

Jin Hooi said...

your cookies look great, well done !!

Linda said...

Lorna Doones on vacation --- that is the best description I've read about this delicious cookie. Nice job Beryl!