March 6, 2009

Roasted Corn Quesadillas



I love cooking dinner for my husband but for the nights when he works late, or has a softball game, I always resort to Chic Food. You know, light meals, mostly vegetarian, featuring lots of salads- stuff he would never consider dinner. For him dinner must always consist of some kind of meat, fish or chicken, a starch and although I always insists on a green vegetable, I could never sell him on something like Roasted Corn Quesadillas as dinner fare. That's ok though- it just means more quesadillas for me!



Roasted Corn Quesadillas
adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
3 oz goat cheese
1 green onion, chopped
4 whole wheat tortillas
2 tbsp salsa verde
1 tsp canola oil

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add corn and roast until kernels soften and begin to brown lightly. Transfer corn into a bowl and add goat cheese, stirring gently until combined.
Spread a heaping spoonful of corn mixture onto 2 tortillas and sprinkle with green onion, placing another tortilla on top of each one. Heat a lightly oiled skillet on medium and brown each quesadilla for 1 - 2 minutes on each side. Slice into wedges and serve topped with additional salsa verde.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw these in Cooking Light and ripped out the recipe. I'm glad you liked them.