March 17, 2009

Tuesdays On The Riviera

Its been a while since the stars have aligned where I've had both time off and disposable income. Unemployment checks don't cut it when it comes to international travel so for now all my adventures will have to be lived vicariously- my cousins 3 month trip to Europe, the Today Show in Ireland, and this week's TWD, Riviera Yogurt Cake.


I couldn't resist trying this exotic sounding variation although I frugally utilized what I had on hand- one lime, one meyer lemon and some thyme from my herb garden. The aroma was intoxicating. And as I savored my first bite of this cake which I topped with homemade lemon curd and fresh strawberries, I pictured myself not in my tiny kitchen but in a seaside cafe in Nice- sipping a glass of wine and looking oh so chic with my sunglasses and silk scarf and...a girl can dream can't she?



14 comments:

doughmesstic said...

That bottom pic is beautiful...really!

chocolatechic said...

Love it with the strawberries.

Isabelle Lambert said...

lemon curd et fraises, c'est vraiment un bon et beau mariage :)

Jennifer said...

Yum! Your cake looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I debated about making the Riviera version. I'm glad to know it worked out.

Beth said...

Beautiful! I did the Riveria version too and loved the savory tang of the flavors.

Teanna DiMicco said...

I think if any cake can take you on an adventure in your mind, this one can :) It looks gorgeous!

Leslie said...

Wasn't it amazing with lemon curd and strawberries? I really need to add thyme to mine next time like you did. Love your beautiful photos!

TeaLady said...

Cake looks fantastic with the strawberries. Great job. Dream on. We all do.....

Jacque said...

Yep, we gotta be able to dream. We've been making quite a few French recipes lately, haven't we?

Anyway, yours looks wonderful!

spike. said...

Looks great with the strawberries. love the riviera version!

Flourchild said...

Im so glad you enjoyed this recipe. I loved the smell while it was baking! I need to find a candle that smells that good!

Annette said...

Oui, a girl's gotta dream. Your cake looks great! I really enjoyed this recipe too.

Engineer Baker said...

A girl can always dream. And that cake sounds like it would just make the dream that much more real - great job!