March 15, 2009

Any Requests


Due to my voracious baking habit (and appetite) I am always on the lookout for new victims, er I mean tasters, so I can bake without the burden of the final product remaining in my house. Often times, I sneak an offer for baked goods into casual conversation.
Looking at my blog...
Him: These look great, do you have any of this stuff here?
Me: As a matter of fact I do. Can offer you some...insert name of recently made treat here...
Him: Sure I'd love some.
Me: Hey, by the way, what's your favorite dessert?
Then whammo, guess who's getting a heaping helping of sugary goodness from your truly?!

On today's menu, Caramel Crumb Bars from The Modern Baker. Shortbread crust covered in a layer of creamy caramel with crumb topping. Perfect for someone who loves cookies and creamy treats. This one's for you Bob.

4 comments:

Vincent G said...

dude, sign me up!

Bobbyg said...

I am so excited about trying your sugary goodness. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

I will let you know my thoughts after I try it.

Bob

Anonymous said...

Caramel crumb bars sound delicious. I have the Modern Baker on my wishlist, but I've been forcing myself not to buy anymore cookbooks. I bake too much as it is!

Anonymous said...

Those look totally yummy!