June 4, 2008

Goodies

Summertime is filled with good things, namely sunny days, BBQ, and amazing produce at the local farmers market. I stocked up on strawberries for my first Tuesdays With Dorie challenge (so exciting!) and bought some really great strawberry jam. That got me thinking about a cookie I've always wanted to make, jam dots.

I couldn't resist trying Dorie's "Thumbprints For Us Big Guys" but in my haste I realized I didn't have hazelnuts, walnuts or even almonds in the cupboard. Being the impatient sort that I am, I substituted pine nuts- which I should have toasted first because initially the dough was way too wet to roll into little balls. I ended up wrapping the dough in saran and refrigerating it for about 30 minutes and that helped. I also added a little lemon zest to the dough which gave these goodies a summery lift. You can find the original recipe in Baking From My Home To Yours, by Dorie Greenspan on page 164-165.
And speaking of goodies, check out my friend Shane's new website, onegoodie.com

1 comments:

Michael said...

Beryl, One of my clients recently changed their name from One Goodie to Today's Goodie. Their URL has changed as well. Can you please update the post located: http://cinemongirl.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

The new URL is todaysgoodie.com

Thanks!