May 20, 2009

A Year of Firsts

Wow. It was exactly one year ago that this blog was born. I remember typing my first post, finger nervously hovering over the publish button and wondering am I really doing this? With so many beautiful, talented culinary/photo savvy blogs out there how will I fit in? Will anyone ever read it? What a difference a year makes.
Before Cinemon Girl, I had no creative outlet and very little confidence in the kitchen. Now I'm halfway through a pro baking course. I had never made a cake from scratch, much less a loaf of bread. These days I make challah just for french toast. I've tried, and grown to love foods I had never enjoyed in the past. Mangoes and beets are my new best friends. And speaking of friends, no one has taught me more than my fellow bloggers. Thank you for the inspiration, support, laughter and advice.
I've faced many cooking phobias, learned from my mistakes, and had a few surprises along the way. The list in my head of recipes I want to tackle gets longer everyday.
I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blogoversary! What a great year you've had. It's been fun following along with you.

I'm thinking I'm going to sign up for a class at the New School. Don't laugh--but the knife skills one.

Thanks for the shout-out!

Beryl said...

I took a knife skills class last year- it was really helpful. I (almost) never cut myself anymore.

RecipeGirl said...

Congrats on your first year! Wish I could take a baking course too. You're doing a great job!