May 19, 2009

Care to Mango?

Lately I've been cheating...on my favorite fruits. Bananas, grapes, and every type of berry are consistently being passed over for the sweet, perfumed mango. So soft, so juicy, so gosh darn tropical, how could I resist! Needless to say, I was thrilled with Kelly's pick for Tuesdays With Dorie, Fresh Mango Bread.
This simple quick bread recipe is easy on your pantry and your budget. I only had to buy the mango which was on sale at my local market. And it's easy on your dishwasher too- you've gotta love a recipe that comes together with two bowls, a whisk and a spoon. I followed Dorie's recipe to the letter, except for the addition of a 1/4 teaspoon of coriander, and while I usually make mini's this time I chose to go with the full loaf.

Sorry berries, I'm with mango now.

14 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I had never had a mango before yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Your loaf looks fantastic! I heart mango too. Love the title of your post.

Beth said...

Yours looks great! Love how all the pieces of mango came through the crust.

Jules Someone said...

That looks yummy. I didn't think to add coriander. That would have been good.

Anonymous said...

Your fresh mango bread loaf is beautiful! Now I know what it looks like when it's not overbaked!

Pamela said...

Every one is so in love with Mangoes. I just bought another one to eat on it's own. I've had them before but I remember not being so crazy about 'em. I guess it's time to give them another try. Great job on the bread, it's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Coriander sounds yummy!

Leslie said...

Looks perfect! I added cardamom and it was good. This recipe is so versatile, and I think we're all loving mangoes this week!

Ellen said...

Beryl, happy "Blog Birthday!" Your blog is great--I look forward to reading it as much as I do eating things from it. Keep it up!

Jacque said...

Looks like you and mangos get along swimmingly.

Your bread looks delish!

TeaLady said...

Looks delish. Love mangoes. Wish they were available year round.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beryl, I followed you from the foodieblogroll and happy blog anniversary.I admire you for getting your foodblog this far, and I look forward to more yummy posts from you. Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks! -Alisa@Foodista

The Food Librarian said...

Your bread looks fantastic. Um. Don't make me go all Jerry Springer on you...but I'm with Mango. Oh, you're with his brother. Then it's okay. :)

Engineer Baker said...

I spurned my apples and grapes for mango too - I think it was worth it :)