May 26, 2009

TWD Twofer

Brownies? Love them. Chocolate chip cookies? Irresistible. With a fudgy brownie base and a second level of golden chocolate chip cookie, this weeks TWD, Chipster Topped Brownies had a lot to live up to. Despite the need to wash my KA not once, but twice, this recipe was easy as pie, err I mean cookie, uh brownie...you get the idea. And the results?

I liked them but maybe I'm just a purist at heart because I would have preferred either just the brownie or the cookie by itself. Either way, don't go near one of these without an ice cold glass of milk.
For more brownie/cookie fun, check out the blogroll.

10 comments:

Anne said...

Yours look perfect! I don't know why I had such drama. I kind of agree about having them separately instead, but yours look irresistible!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Great pictures - loved these two together! :)

Hindy said...

Maybe you needed something to bring the flavours together - like ice cream. ::ggl::
Looks delicious though!

Soy*Baby said...

Looks wonderful. Makes me want some more. I thought these were delicious.

chocolatechic said...

Mine didn't bake up as nicely as yours did.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your brownie looks really fabulous! I love how you didn't spread the cookie dough evenly over the brownie!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

yours came out great!

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful. I'm like you. I think I need my cookies and brownies separate.

TeaLady said...

That looks beautiful. Very rich. Very sweet. VERY yummy!

Pamela said...

You definitely weren't alone in wanting a cookie and a brownie on their own. I really liked the recipe, but I would say I'm with you! Nice job, though. They look great.