March 7, 2010

Must Love Dogs


I don't need a specific reason to bake. Birthdays and holidays area given, random parties, sporting events guaranteed, but these days I can be found in a cloud of flour an sugar at any given moment. I do love baking for a cause though, for examples the above doggie cookies.
A few months ago I donated some gingerbread dog cookies to Wines For Canines, a fundraising event for Rover Rescue. Dedicated to the rescue and adoption of LA shelter dogs, Rover Rescue is a wonderful non-profit and I was glad to help them. Last week I got an email asking if I would donate more cookies to their LA Marathon/5K team and I thought the Horlicks Doggie Cookies I saw on Foodgawker would be perfect.
Horlicks Doggie Cookies are made with malt powder, milk powder, flour and butter- crunchy and lightly sweet they will make a great post-race treat for Rover Rescue team. But I really just love them for their looks.


The recipe I used can be found here. Malt powder is a great substitute for Horlicks and I used Cocoa Pebbles instead of Koko Krunch which is chocolate cereal I've never seen in the states.
Make them for the dog lover in your life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These dog cookies are so adorable! We have a Rover Rescue dog & she's so sweet. It's great that you're helping out with such a wonderful organization.