February 21, 2010

Out of the Bubble

When it comes to parties, I'm more wallflower than animal. Often times I'd rather stay home but for a good cause I'll put my social ineptitude aside. I've just gotten back from the Stir It 28 LA, an event hosted by Crystal and Amir of Duo Dishes to benefit Haiti relief. Held up in the Hollywood Hills at the beautiful home of Greg from Sippity Sup, it was a wonderful party for a great cause.

Bloggers from around the Los Angeles and Orange County donated their time and culinary skills to this cozy cocktail party complete with a gorgeous spread from Small Pleasures Catering,


signature cocktails from Grey Goose Vodka, Sutter Home and Liquid Muse,


as well as passed hors d'oeuvres created by the bloggers themselves.

Everyone was so laid back and easy to talk to, I didn't even to resort to unnecessary fiddling with my camera. And how can you have a bad time when people keep handing you brownies. Brownies with bacon in them. Oh, having a furry friend around always makes me feel more at ease.

Never did catch his name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's Mogley (sp?)! Isn't he just so cute? Your pics are awesome, and you summed up the afternoon perfectly. Thanks for coming! And congrats on winning the raffle. :)

Gisele aka LA2LAChef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gisele aka LA2LAChef said...

Blogger Gisele said...

Yep- that Mowgli (? another sp. variation)is a sweetie. He got a crash course in socialization and passed with flying colors!

It absolutely was a wonderful time. Thanks for the mention, and your pics really do look great!

Oh- and yes, on the bacon brownies- who would have thunk?

Gisele@smallpleasurescatering.com
aka LA2LaChef

Anonymous said...

It truly was a wonderful time! You captured my feeling exactly! I'm usually the quiet one at a party but ppl were so friendly last night that I just felt at ease! It was very nice to meet you!!

Sippity Sup said...

Yes, that's my Mogli! He is named after the boy (Mowgli) in the Jungle Book, though we dropped the W in his name because we had had enough "W" in our lives to last a generation, if you know what I mean. He is a sweet boy newly saved from the pound, and I am so pleased he did alright in public. We like to call him Slum Dog Millionaire, for obvious reasons! Thanks for all your hard work.GREG