July 28, 2009

Ben & Who?

If there's one thing my current (lack of) work situation has taught me, it is to take pleasure in the simple things in life. Going for a walk in the middle of the day, keeping a garden alive for the first time ever, being home to shop the local farmers markets, actually spending time with friends and family- and then there's the homemade vanilla ice cream. It doesn't take a long time, it's cheaper and more wholesome than store bought (what is tara gum anyway?) and a bowl of the stuff will put a smile on anyone's face.
This weeks' TWD, Vanilla Ice Cream, had my mind reeling with possiblities. Chipwhich? Neopolitan? DQ Blizzard style? Not to mention all the a la mode options. In the end I kept it old school so that I could eat in the simplest, and bestest (yep) way I know how.


Bowl + ice cream + Hershey's syrup + cherry = heaven.

14 comments:

chocolatechic said...

You are so right.

Simple is the best way to go.

Teanna DiMicco said...

I am totally with you on the lack of work thing... I am moving back to NYC next week and I will not have a job for God knows how long (Thank God for savings!), so I am going to have to learn how to sit back, relax, and enjoy the simpler things in life. The ice cream looks great!

Linda said...

Simple is a good thing, especially with this ice cream.

How funny, my hubs went with the Hershey's syrup, whipped cream and cherry sundae last night. :)

Anonymous said...

Your ice cream looks wonderful!! I love homemade ice cream. There's nothing better.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

simplest is bestest! a perfect sundae!

Heather B said...

Hershey's syrup and vanilla ice cream is classic. I love it!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I think I went to elementary school with Tara Gum ...

Just had some vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup. Strange how it just hits the spot.

Pamela said...

Yum! What a perfect little sundae!

Jules Someone said...

Love the title! And that looks delicious!

Tammy said...

looks great - neapolitan would be a great idea

Lillian said...

It looks simply perfect!

Jacque said...

I also resisted the urge to add mix-ins. I wanted to see how it tasted alone.

Anyway, your ice cream looks perfect! Love the cherry on top.

Engineer Baker said...

Simple is good. That kind of simple? Awesome.

RecipeGirl said...

ha ha ha, funny that you mention it... we went to Ben & Jerry's on our vacation. Pics posted!

Enjoy your time while you can... bake & make more ice cream too :)