February 23, 2010

Honey Bunches

Chocolate chip cookies? Sign me up. Wheat germ cookies? Um, yeah, not so much. Normally I'd take a pass but one thing I've learned about Tuesdays With Dorie recipes is to keep an open mind. I had every intention of pawning these Honey Wheat Cookies off on the first health nut I could find but these things are seriously good. Sweetly, crumbly, insanely addictively good. Especially with local wildflower honey.

Reminds me of my Honey Nut Cheerio phase- I could never stop at just one bowl.
My usual "try one or two for quality control purposes" quickly snowballed and had the makings of a full-on binge until I packed those suckers up for my tennis class. Once they are in the tupperware they are off limits. The ones that didn't fit in the container though...come to Mama.
Thanks Michelle, for an awesome pick. For more honey-fied goodness, check out the blogroll.

11 comments:

Mary said...

I totally agree. Never doubt Miss Dorie. I loved your picture with the spoon.

Susan said...

Sounds like me. I ate one and then another one, and then put two more on a plate and then...well, you know. :} Your cookies look great next to the spoon of honey!

Paula said...

I think this may be my first time here. Very nice blog. Love the honey on the spoon idea.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos - they make these cookies look exceptionally good. There WAS a lot of honey... which is a good thing! I think that's what maybe made them addictive!

mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Amanda said...

So glad you liked them! I thought they were ok, but probably won't make them again.

TeaLady said...

Oh, I bet that wildflower honey was heavenly in these cookies.

Jodie said...

They looked great. I think the general consensus was better than we thought!

Kayte said...

We loved these, too. I kept making cups of tea to have an excuse to eat another cookie! Yours look beautiful.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

These were a surprise hit at our house too. Lent saved me from eating half the batch; instead my husband was happy to take on that task! Don't you think there's a fine art to choosing just the right "too small" size of Tupperware? Wouldn't have to have too few that didn't fit!

Tia said...

mmm extra honey on the side. great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't find the recipe. What am I doing wrong?