August 3, 2010

Wake & Bake


For some people wake and bake has a certain connotation but I prefer a more literal interpretation.  An early riser,  I have a hard time sleeping in so even when I don't have to be at work until the afternoon I'm up and at 'em- often in the kitchen.  Yesterday I baked off these Gingered Carrot Cookies but when my husband's alarm went off this morning I hopped out of bed and whipped up some cream cheese frosting to slather on top.  Then I promptly boxed them up for him to take so I wouldn't eat them for breakfast.


Well not all of them anyway.
For the recipe, click here and check out the rest of the TWD'ers here.

13 comments:

Flourchild said...

Did you like them!? They look so yummy and the frosting is a great touch to a perfect cookie!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

mmmmm....perfect with coffee!

Tia said...

i love that first pic with the little swirl of frosting. so pretty!

Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Peggy said...

I'm the same way. I'm up as early on Saturday as I am during the work week. I don't like to "waste" my off day by sleeping. :) (Although some would not say sleeping is a waste). Your cookies look perfect!

natalia said...

Ciao Beryl ! Thank you for joining me this week ! Your treats look wonderful !

Mary said...

They look fantastic with those big dollops of frosting. How did you ever resist these for breakfast?

Katrina said...

Awesome cookies, love your cream cheese frosting.

Nicole said...

It's always good to send things off to work so you don't eat them all! I wish I would have iced mine, that looks so good!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

i'm with ya, i have to send them off. love them topped with frosting. :)

Piggy said...

Your cookies must be very yummy with the frosting. :-)

Liz said...

Hahah! We can start a wake & bake club...and also a club of people who eat baked goods for breakfast. No shame in that game!

The Food Librarian said...

I'm a wake and baker too! :) Love the frosting on these cookies.

Anonymous said...

Hi... I'm your newest follower.