August 10, 2008

Zucchini Relief Initiative


It is a very dangerous time of year. It is squash season. If you grow it, you are inundated with it. If you have friends who grow it, don't leave your car unlocked or you might find a bag of them on your seat. One innocent offer to bake zucchini bread for a friend with freakish large zucchini on her hands and my desk has become the official dumping ground for all unwanted squash products! Regular zucchini bread, chocolate chip zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini cupcakes...I needed some relief but i still had 3 zucchini in my fridge! Thankfully Epicurious came to my rescue with a recipe for Zucchini Basil Soup.

I love making soups in the fall and this one was so easy to make and tastes great hot or cold. I used more garlic than the recipe called for and added cayenne pepper for a little kick. Served with a dollop of greek yogurt, this makes a wonderful summer meal. And it gets rid of a lot of zucchini!
Check out the recipe here.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, jeez, Beryl! I have a suitcase full of zucchini for you to use up. Now what am I going to do?!:) Alicia