August 18, 2008

No Spoon Required


I love it when health food and junk food collide, as in this this week's TWD- Granola Grabbers. They are chock full of whole grains and fiber but come in a fabulous and convenient cookie form!


I used almond coconut granola, whole wheat flour, and less sugar than the recipe called for- that's the healthy part. But then... I added semisweet chocolate chips and sweetened flaked coconut to bring out their "cookie-ness." They came out great, the perfect combination of crunchy and gooey, sweet and salty, good taste and good for you!

12 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

Sounds like a wonderful combination, and I like the almond coconut granola - sounds tasty!

The Food Librarian said...

What great photos of your cookies! Sounds yummy yummy!

CB said...

Love that pictures of the cookies in the middle of a heart. Is that cocoa powder? Awesome!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

I loved the crunch of the granola! We made our own oas well. Great pics!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Wow, these photos are fantastic! Great job.

Pamela said...

Lovely presentation. The cookies look so yummy. And you can't go wrong with chocolate.

Ellen and Tom said...

I love your photos. All you talented TWD blogger-photographers are inspiring me - not only to bake but to photograph!

Rigby said...

Ah, yes, cookies as health food....utopia :) Your cookies look beautiful!

Steph said...

I loved all the textures too! I do want to try some "flavored" granola like you used! I think that would pump up these cookies even more :)

Ellen and Tom said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog about our kitty. I appreciate it.

Jules Someone said...

Those look delicious. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Mari said...

"I love it when health food and junk food collide" --- I totally agree with you! I loved these cookies!